Much progress has been made on the Pomeroy Trail’s northern section since April’s progress post. Split-rail fencing, final surfacing, and lighting infrastructure has been completed along all of this portion of the trail up to and including the Laird Campus spur. One of the two bridges north of the Laird Campus spur has been positioned; north of that bridge, the trail is unfinished. The following views (listed below) were from August 18. Also see Bike Delaware’s video of most of this northern section.
Note: The formal dedication of the Pomeroy Trail will take place on Monday, September 10, at 11 a.m. at the south Pomeroy trailhead (at the Hall Trail).
- Looking south just north of the trailhead
- A look (facing south) at the path to the bridge that will cross the ravine
- Looking north at the ravine crossing showing concrete footers for bridge
- Looking south from the ravine
- The new bridge just north of the Laird Campus spur
- Looking north just north of the Laird Campus spur
- The completed Laird Campus spur
- Looking south just south of the Laird Campus spur
- Looking west from the trail’s intersection with Creek Road
- Looking east from the trail’s intersection with Creek Road
- Looking west from near North Street
- Looking east from near North Street
- Looking west from near Kershaw Street
- Looking east (toward Paper Mill Road/Cleveland Ave. intersection) from near Kershaw Street