Progress has been made since February on the Pomeroy Trail’s northern section. Split-rail fencing, pre-final surfacing, and lighting infrastructure has been added along much of this portion of the trail. The following views were from April 7.
You may also want to see the recent post from CRR Bill Rose about running the trail.
- Looking south just south of the trailhead
- A look (facing south) at where footers will be for a bridge that will cross the ravine
- Looking north at the ravine crossing
- Looking south from the ravine
- Looking south at an old bridge (to be replaced) just north of planned Laird Campus spur
- Looking north just north of the planned Laird Campus spur
- Looking south just north of the planned Laird Campus spur
- Looking north toward the planned Laird Campus spur
- Looking west from the trail’s intersection with Creek Road
- Looking east from the trail’s intersection with Creek Road
- Looking west from near North Street
- Looking east from near North Street
- Looking west from near Kershaw Street
- Looking east (toward Paper Mill Road/Cleveland Ave. intersection) from near Kershaw Street
- Looking at the Cleveland Ave. / Paper Mill Road–S. Chapel St. intersection
Pingback: New Pomeroy Trail Photos, Courtesy of CreekRoadRunners.org | Bike Delaware
Very nice. Any idea who one would call to get permission to take some or all of the wood from the bridge in the 5th photo in the list? It would be a shame for the bridge to be destroyed and hauled off to the landfill. I could make good use of much of the lumber.
You should check with Newark Parks & Recreation director Charlie Emerson.
Pingback: Construction on Creek Road End of Pomeroy Trail « CreekRoadRunners.org
Pingback: Pomeroy Trail officially opens « CreekRoadRunners.org
Pingback: Construction wrapping up for the Pomeroy Rail Trail | Bike Delaware Inc.